FAQ - Foil Stamping
Are you adding foil stamping to your next job? Use these guidelines to help with setting up your artwork.
- Maximum paper size for die cutting jobs: 14 x 22
- Maximum image area for die cutting jobs: 12 x 16
When setting up your files:
- Vector art is preferred. Vector artwork is usually created in Adobe Illustrator and saved as an EPS file.
- Art should be created at 100% (actual size)
- All line art should display at 100% color - no screens or tints
- Do not include masks
- Convert all type to outlines. Please remember to keep a copy of your file without the type converted to outlines so you can make changes to your file later if necessary.
- Use caution with small images or letters. A minimum size of 8pt for most fonts. Tracking or kerning your type too tightly can result in poor image quality.
- It is better to set your type loosely and with more leading than typically used. This will allow for the width of the bevel.
- If creating multi-level artwork, use different layers when creating your digital file. When saving a file with layers, the layer names should relate to the art and your dies.